Paleo Breakfast Crepes (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free)
Crepes are great because they can go both ways… Sweet or Savory!
While I prefer savory breakfasts… these sweet crepes did not disappoint. They are airy, soft and flexible without being overly delicate. The perfect PALEO CREPE! I prepared them with banana, pecans, coconut flakes, cinnamon, maple syrup & pistachio crumbles… yum!
Next time I’m going to go savory with dairy-free hollandaise, poached eggs & wilted greens. Heck yes, now let’s make some paleo crepes!Print
- Whisk 3 eggs together in a large bowl then add in water, honey & vanilla.
- Measure out all dry ingredients and add in as well.
- Whisk to combine.
- There shouldn’t be too many, if any, lumps in the batter- but don’t over mix.
- If there are, it’s ok at this point.
- Set mix in fridge for 15-20min.
- This is a good time to prepare what you’re going to put in your crepes- fruit, eggs, meat etc.
- Heat a 8-10 inch skillet on medium-high until hot.
- Spray with coconut oil.
- Use a ladle (full 4oz ladle) to pour mix in to pan, pour it in a circular motion distributing it evenly.
- You may also rotate pan to spread the mix.
- It will begin to cook quickly.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Once it looks dry around all the edges and you can see its cooked- very gently with tongs or a spatula flip it over- it won’t break easily but you don’t want it to fold so you may want to use two spatulas.
- Flip it over and cook on other side for just a minute or two.
- When done slide it out of the pan on to a flat surface. I would use parchment paper to separate crepes if you’re going to stack them.
Update: I made savory crepes…. amazeballs!
I omitted the vanilla & honey. I was out of tapioca flour so I just used 3/4 cup arrowroot and a HEAPING tbsp of coconut. It worked really well!