Raw Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
These little vegan-ish treats have been a staple at my mother’s health food restaurant going on eight years.
They’re the perfect treat. Bite size. No bake. Healthy. Delicious. Pretty much compiled of a few super foods, these macaroons are nutrient dense too. They melt in your mouth. They’re rich. Just the right, satisfying size. Talk about the right way to indulge.
I’m thrilled about this new product by Truvia.
As someone who has to be oh- so-careful about their sugar intake, having a great alternative with half the calories is kind of awesome. I’m not diabetic, but my hormones are slaves to my insulin; too much sugar and I go kinda nuts. As part of my healing process I have made the choice to limit my sugar intake quite a bit, even eating relatively low carb!
There’ a problem with that. I have a huge sweet tooth. Not only do I thoroughly enjoy baking and making treats…. I firmly believe a bite of something sweet a day makes life better, except during a Whole30, duh ?
Thanks to many Whole30’s and two years living a paleo lifestyle, I can say I don’t have food addictions, my diet is as clean as it gets. If I want to have a little paleo, grain- gluten- crap free cookie, macaroon or chocolate…. by God, I’m going to. No guilt, no punishment, no issues. I think it’s totes okay as part of a healthy lifestyle.
As many of you know, I love my Brown Sugar Truvia Blend which I bake with often. Yet I’ve been missing a liquid sweetener, there’s just something that you can’t use a granulated sweetener for;
paleo buttercream, tea, creamy cashew cheesecakes, pancakes, smoothies.
Enter: Truvia Nectar. Made of real honey and stevia leaf extract this stuff is super sweet and half the amount does the trick.
I’m looking forward to exploring all the ways I am going to enjoy Truvia Nectar, stay tuned to my Instagram for inspiration!
Learn more about Truvia: https://www.truvia.com/
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/LEfLiF86mPE” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cashew cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Truvia Nectar
- If you don't already have cashew cream, make it!
- To make cashew cream: soak whole, raw cashews submerged in water for at least two hours. Rinse drain and then blend with filtered water until smooth. One to one ratio, i.e. one cup cashews per one cup water.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add in the wet ingredients and fold to combine.
- Using a two ounce scoop shape your macaroons.
- Set in the fridge to harden for at least thirty minutes.