Toasted Coconut Kale Chips
The healthiest snack on the planet, these kale chips are as addictive as their seriously lacking counterparts. These crispy, green bites are ready in 30 minutes, and satisfies your craving for crunch without the overbearing sodium. For the cooking temperature and time, I took my cue from the expert, Angela Liddon.
- 2 bunches curly kale
- 2 tsp Tin Star Ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 2 sheet pans
- Wash & thoroughly dry your kale. You can even use a salad spinner then pat with a clean towel.
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Tear large pieces of leaves from the stems
- Arrange on both sheet pans evenly without crowning or overlapping
- Drizzle one teaspoon of ghee over each sheet pan evenly
- Gently massage leaves distributing ghee on the leaves
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of salt over each sheet pan, 1/2 tsp garlic powder & 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes (for each sheet pan of leaves)
- Make sure oven racks are 2 spaces apart, centered in the oven
- Place sheet pans in oven set timer for 15 minutes.
- Rotate pans, switch rack & turn them around.
- Set timer for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven & let cool for 5 minutes.